WATER-JEL Emergency Burn Kit III
WATER-JEL Emergency Burn Kit III includes a number of medical grade non-woven dressing infused with Water-Jel® gel, gloves, and Cool Jel topical gel.
When a burn occurs, seconds count! Burn injuries should be cooled immediately, otherwise the heat will continue to destroy the surrounding and underlying tissue, and may progress a partial thickness (second degree) burn into a full thickness (third degree) burn injury. This, in turn, will present serious consequences for the patient and considerable extra cost for the receiving hospital/burn unit.
Water-Jel Burn Dressings are a gelatinized water mix designed to perform the four critical steps for burn management in one application. Because of their gelatinous nature, they seal the burn from further contamination, cool the burn site, and relieve pain by heat transfer into themselves. The fluids on the burn site cannot soak into the dressing nor can they evaporate through them. Finally, as the burn site cools down, the dressing warms up, leaving the site covered by a warm dressing, helping to prevent hypothermia.
Water-Jel Burn Dressing will absorb temperatures in excess of 2000 degrees F — extremely important when you consider that human bone carbonizes at 1400 degrees F and other dressings could melt into the site. With Water-Jel, there is plenty of extra gel to use on any hyperemic or stasis sites surrounding the main burn, and the gel can be left on for more than four hours.
- Bacteriostatic gel formulation works quickly in emergency burn situations
- Cools the burn and relieves pain, protects against contamination and stops burn progressionLowers and stabilizes skin temperature; cools through transference, not evaporation, to reduce the risk of hypothermia
- Water-based, water-soluble gel is easy to remove and assists in the removal of burnt clothing
- Non-toxic and non-irritating; will not harm the skin or eyes9 Unaffected by prior freezing, air travel and hot temperatures
- Medical-grade, non-woven dressings infused with water-soluble bacteriostatic Water-Jel® gel
- Will not stick to the wound
- May be applied directly over clothing
- Dressing are Individually wrapped in easy-to-open foil packages
- The kit packed in blue nylon pouch 20 x 15 cm
1 – Nitrile Medical Examination Gloves – Large (2/Pack)
2 – Water-Jel Burn Dressings 5.1 x 15.2 cm
1 – Water-Jel Burn Dressing 10.2 x 10.2 cm
2 – Water-Jel Cool Jel – 3.5g
- Dimensions: 20 x 15 x 3 cm
- Weight: 200 g