Mountain Backpacker Medical Kit
The Backpacker Medical Kit is designed for a pair of outdoor explorers on a four-day foray into the wilderness. Outfitted with a handpicked assortment of first aid supplies designed to help your short adventure go smoothly, it contains remedies for a range of conditions—from cuts and allergies to upset stomach and dehydration. Whether you’re stretching out your weekend in the woods or embarking on a multiple-night hike, the Backpacker has your back.
- A Condensed Guide to Wilderness Medicine by Eric A. Weiss, M.D
Offering the most up to date information on wilderness and travel medicine in a fold-out format, this lightweight guide will help you treat both common and serious injuries.
- Easy Care First Aid® System
First aid supplies are organized in injury-specific pockets to eliminate guesswork and ensure you use the right treatment quickly.
- Find it Fast
Unique external kit map shows you where the supplies are located, while reflective mountain logo on front of bag makes it easy to spot in the dark when every moment counts.
- Semi-Transparent, Secure Pockets
See-through pockets protect items from dirt and moisture while allowing for quick and easy access. Zippers prevent items from falling out when opening the kit or accessing it in a vertical environment.
- Trapezoidal Bag for Added Room
Ingeniously designed in super-durable nylon with darting to provide extra space inside the kit for your own items.
- Supplies to Stop Bleeding Fast
12.7 x 22.8 cm Trauma pad and elastic bandage to control life-threatening bleeding.
- Hospital-Quality Tools
Professional tools, including EMT shears and precision forceps, ensure the most efficient and effective backcountry medical care.
- Wound Care Supplies
Use the 20 cc. irrigation syringe with a 16-gauge plastic tip to clean wounds, butterfly closure strips to close wound edges, and tincture of benzoin to increase the adhesiveness of strips and tape.
- Blister Management Tools
14 pre-cut and shaped moleskin pieces make it easy to treat hot spots and blisters and alcohol pads for removing the oils from skin for better adherence of tape and moleskin.
Wound care / Burn / Blister
(1) Wilderness First Aid Quick Guide / Manual
(1) Wound Irrigation Tool, 10cc. with 18 Gauge Tip
(4) Sterile Gauze Dressing, 10 x 10 cm (4″ x 4″)
(4) Sterile Gauze Dressing, 5 x 5 cm (2″ x 2″)
(2) Sterile Non-Adherent Dressing, 5 x 7.5 cm (2″ x 3″)
(1) Elastic Bandage with Hook & Loop Closure, 5 cm
(1) Conforming Gauze Bandage, 5 cm (2″)
(1) Tape, 2.5 cm x 9 m (1″ x 10 yd.)
(14) Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped Pieces
(2) Cotton Tip Applicator
(1) EMT Shears, 10 cm (4″)
(1) Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps
(1) Safety Pin
Cuts & Scrapes
(5) Easy Access Bandages®, Fabric, 2.5 cm x 7.5 cm (1″ x 3″)
(5) Easy Access Bandages®, Knuckle Fabric
(4) Butterfly Wound Closure
(6) LORIS™ Benzalkonium Chloride (BZK) Antiseptic Towelettes
(4) LORIS™ Alcohol prep pads
(1) SkinTac Topical Adhesive Wipe
(2) Nitrile Glove
(1) Trauma Pad, 12.7 cm x 22.8 cm
(3) After Bite Sting Relief Wipe
Dimensions: 18 cm x 9 cm x 15 cm
Weight: 380 g (0.83 lb)
Group Size: 1-2 people
Trip Duration: 1-4 days
Note: Tender Corporation reserves the right to add, substitute, or delete items if necessary. Some medications may not be available in products sold outside of the US, additional items may be substituted.